Arlington Car Accident Lawyer
If you were recently injured in a car accident in the Arlington metro area, you’re not alone. According to the Texas Department of Transportation, there is a car accident in Texas every 58 seconds. With the support of an experienced Arlington car accident lawyer, you can claim compensation for your pain, suffering and medical expenses. With over a decade of experience as a personal injury attorney and countless satisfied clients, Mike Allbee is ready to fight for the best outcome for you.
Having the right personal injury lawyer on your team can make a world of difference in your Texas car accident claim. It’s very important that you reach out to an attorney as soon as possible after the accident. Otherwise, you run the risk of decreasing the value of your case and backing yourself into a corner.
WHAT SHOULD YOU DO AFTER A CAR ACCIDENT IN ARLINGTON?
Protect Your Health and Safety
The most important thing after being involved in a car accident is ensuring your wellbeing and security. Pull over to a safe, well-lit place nearby. If possible, try to park in a location that is visible to the general public. If it’s dark, you may wish to turn on your flashers. Check yourself and any other passengers for injuries. Children, disabled persons, pets and the elderly are especially vulnerable. If there are any serious injuries, seek medical attention right away.
Do I Need to Call the Police After a Car Accident in Arlington?
Under Texas law, you must immediately report a car accident if it involves serious injury, death or property damage that renders a vehicle immovable. Wait for the officers to come on the scene and provide them with as much information as possible. The police report will be very useful for your personal injury claim.
For more minor accidents there is no requirement to report the accident immediately. However, you must make a report within ten days if there were minor injuries or property damage exceeding $1000.
While you are at the scene of the accident, try to gather as much evidence as possible. Take pictures of any property damage to both vehicles. If you have any visible injuries, be sure to take photos of those, too. You may also wish to take photos of the surrounding area. For example, if the collision was caused by the other driver swerving to avoid an obstacle, you’ll want to get a picture of that.
Interacting with the Other Driver
You may understandably be upset or shaken up after the collision, but it’s important to remain calm as you interact with the other driver. If you suspect that the other driver’s road rage or intoxication caused the accident, be even more cautious with your interactions.
At this time, all that’s necessary is to exchange names, contact information and insurance details. Amicable small talk is okay, but avoid arguing or trying to determine fault. Above all, don’t do or say anything that suggests that you are taking responsibility for the accident, such as apologizing.
What should you do if you were involved in a hit-and-run accident and you were unable to catch the other driver’s license plate? As soon as possible, try to write down any details you can remember such as the make, model and color of the other vehicle.
Contact an Arlington Car Accident Lawyer
As soon as possible after the accident, reach out to a trusted personal injury attorney to review the facts of your case. Even if you believe you were at fault, it’s STILL possible to receive compensation after a car accident in Arlington. At Allbee Law Firm, your case review is completely free, so you have nothing to lose and so much to gain.
WHAT CAN AN ARLINGTON CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER DO FOR ME?
You may be tempted to handle your personal injury claim on your own. Maybe you’re considering an offer from the other driver’s insurance company. The aftermath of a car accident can be a frustrating and confusing time and you may wish to put the matter behind you as soon as possible. But don’t make any big decisions before getting legal advice.
An experienced Arlington car accident lawyer knows exactly how to negotiate with insurance companies to get the best possible settlement for you. If you try to DIY, you risk jeopardizing your claim or accepting an offer that’s way too low.
Here’s a list of some of the best perks of hiring a good personal injury attorney:
- Eliminate the need to speak with the insurance adjuster about your personal injuries. We will take care of setting up any claims so that you can focus on getting healthy.
- Help you find medical providers who won’t require you to pay out of pocket. In the vast majority of our cases, we can help you find medical providers who will wait to be paid until your case settles for a fair amount or until a jury reaches a verdict. These medical providers will not expect you to make payments, co-payments, or report the bill to your credit. In fact, the medical providers will often come and testify if your case goes to trial.
- We will help you resolve your medical bills. Imagine receiving a settlement for your car accident injuries and then realizing that all of your medical bills will absorb the entire settlement. That would not be a good situation! When we represent a client for car accident injuries, our firm makes sure that we have all information that is related to your medical treatment. This involves communicating with medical providers, health insurance providers, workers compensation benefit providers, Medicare, Medicaid, short term disability carriers, etc.
- With over a decade of personal injury experience, we know what it takes to negotiate with insurance companies. Remember, their aim is to pay out as little as possible. The other side’s lawyer will run circles around you if you attempt to represent yourself. Allow us to fight for you at every stage of the process.
TYPES OF COMPENSATION RECOVERED BY AN ARLINGTON CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER
A car accident can affect your physical and mental health, as well as your finances and ability to earn an income in the future. Your Arlington car accident lawyer will assess your case to ensure you receive FULL compensation.
- Future physical impairment
- Loss of consortium
- Past mental anguish
- Future mental anguish
- Past medical bills
- Future medical bills
- Past lost wages
- Future lost wages
- Past pain and suffering
- Future pain and suffering
- Loss of earning capacity
MOST COMMON TYPES OF CAR ACCIDENTS IN TEXAS
With over a decade of experience as an Arlington car accident lawyer, Mike Albee has handled claims for any type of accident you can imagine. Here are some of the most common types of car accident claims in Texas:
- Rear-end car accidents
- Distracted driving car accidents
- Drunk driving car accidents
- Side impact car accidents
- Rollover car accidents
- Head-on collisions car accidents
- Multiple-vehicle car accidents
- Hit and run car accidents
- Uninsured motorist car accidents
- Underinsured motorist car
Don’t Hesitate. Hire an experienced Arlington-based personal injury attorney to fight for the compensation you deserve. Contact us to set up your FREE case review.