Medical Treatment For A Car Accident Injury     

car accident, hospital, personal injury

If you have a car accident injury, it is very important that you seek medical attention as soon as possible. Injuries from car, truck, or motorcycle accidents can be very serious.

Here are a few of the common medical treatment options that people have after a car accident:

Go to the emergency room if you have a serious car accident injury

Hospital emergency rooms provide a valuable service for people who have been seriously injured. Emergency rooms have trained professionals and the equipment that is necessary to diagnose and treat serious injuries.  These injuries can include spinal injuries, broken bones, head injuries, deep lacerations, or soft tissue injuries.

Injured child at hospitalAnother perk of going to a hospital emergency room is that they don’t require patients to have health insurance. So don’t let health insurance stand between you and getting the medical treatment you need.  It’s important to point out that the hospital will expect to be paid at some point, even if you don’t have health insurance. However, if you have a good personal injury case, it is quite likely that an attorney can help you receive a settlement that will cover your emergency room bill.

Treating with your primary care doctor.

One of the biggest perks of seeing your primary doctor is that they will probably know you, your body, and your health history better than a doctor you have never met.

Unfortunately, many primary care doctors hesitate to treat patients who have a car accident injury. They hesitate because they are concerned that they will not get paid. Some doctors assume that a patient’s health insurance won’t pay for medical treatment that is related to a car accident. That is simply not true. In reality, your health insurance should cover your visit to your primary care doctor. However, the health insurance company will want to be reimbursed if there is a settlement for your car accident injury.  The reimbursement process can be a bit complicated for people who are unfamiliar with it. The process is called subrogation.

Before visiting your family doctor, you should ask yourself if you believe that your doctor is the best person to treat your specific injuries. Most of the time, family doctors will prescribe pain pills and muscle relaxers.  This is totally appropriate for some injuries, but car accident injuries aren’t a “one size fits all.” You consider should explore other options if you would like your treatment to include more than just pills.

Go to a chiropractor

Chiropractors are great for providing a “hands-on” treatment that seems to have a positive effect on many injured people. Some injuries such as broken bones, concussions, and lacerations obviously can’t be treated by chiropractors.  However, chiropractors can be very helpful with sprains and strains to muscles.

Most chiropractors start with passive therapy, which includes getting rid of inflammation and pain. Once the pain has subsided, chiropractors then begin to do adjustments to the skeletal system. Once the person is properly aligned, a chiropractor will then focus on strengthening the injured area.

What if I can’t afford to pay for a doctor?

As a personal injury lawyer, we can help you get connected with medical providers who will defer your medical billing. In other words, the medical providers will allow you to receive your medical treatment, keep track of the amount that you owe, and delay payment until your case is settled. The agreement between the attorney and the medical provider is called a Letter of Protection. The attorney basically promises to “protect” the medical provider’s bill by making sure that the medical provider is paid from the settlement.

The benefit of seeing a medical provider who accepts a Letter of Protection is that you won’t have to pay for your visits out of pocket. The drawback to getting medical treatment for your car accident injury from a doctor who accepts a Letter of Protection is that not every doctor will accept them.  Luckily, there are plenty of doctors who accept Letters of Protection, so there’s a pretty good chance that we can help you find a doctor who will treat you fairly close to your home or work. Allbee Law Firm does not receive any referral fees, kickbacks, or other incentives if a client goes to a medical provider under a letter of protection.

Call us today if you need a car accident attorney who can help you find a medical provider for your car or truck accident injuries.


"*" indicates required fields

personal injury

Let's get started with your free consultation

personal injury

Let's get started with your free consultation

Skip to content