Arlington Bicycle Accident Attorney
Close to 50,000 people are injured in bicycle accidents throughout the U.S. each year (National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.) Bikes don’t offer any protection to cyclists, so bicycle accident injuries are often very serious or even catastrophic. Allbee Law Firm is here to help you while you recover from your injuries. Our bicycle accident lawyers are here to help you build a winning case that will help you get the maximum amount of compensation you deserve for your bicycle accident injuries.
How Much Is My Bicycle Accident Case Worth?
Every bike accident injury case is unique. If your case goes to court, jurors will consider some of the following factors to determine how much compensation you deserve:
- The severity of your injuries.
- The amount of medical bills you incurred in the past and medical expenses you may incur in the future.
- Road rash or scarring that was caused by your bicycle accident.
- Any lost wages you incurred because your bicycle accident injuries prevented you from being able to work.
- Lost wages you will incur in the future.
- The amount of pain that you’ve incurred in the past and pain that you will incur in the future.
- Whether you experienced emotional distress or other emotional harm.
- Pain and suffering.
What Do I have to Prove to Win My Bike Accident Personal Injury Case?
In order to win your case, we will need to show that the person who ran into you had a duty, breached the duty, and the breach caused harm to you.
Drivers have a duty to be safe while driving. If they can’t drive safely then they shouldn’t be on the road.
A driver breaches their duty when they fail to act like a reasonable person. Reasonable people give bicyclists space, drive at a safe speed, leave enough space between their car and bicyclists, etc.
It’s one thing to show up to court and tell the jury that you were injured in a bike accident. It’s an entirely different situation to show up to court and tell the jury that you were injured in a bike accident and then provide evidence of the collision and your injuries by providing medical bills and records, documentation of the work you missed, pictures, accident reports, etc.
When Should I Hire A Bicycle Accident Attorney?
Insurance companies will do their best to gather evidence that will potentially decrease the value of your bike accident case. It’s crucial to start gathering evidence that will support your bike accident case as soon as possible. For this reason, we recommend contacting Allbee Law Firm as soon as possible. We will start gathering evidence right away because we don’t want to let evidence that supports your case disappear or become damaged. Allbee Law Firm provides free consultations to all bike accident injury victims, so you have nothing to lose. After hearing the facts of your case, we can discuss your legal options and develop a plan that is unique to your case.
What Should I Do After A Bicycle Accident?
- Stay calm.
- Move out of the road to a safe location if you are able to.
- Call 911 so that police and emergency responders can arrive as soon as possible.
- Get the driver’s car insurance information and personal contact information. Use your cell phone to take pictures of the information you will need.
- Don’t admit that the accident was your fault. Even if you believe the bike accident was caused by you, it’s very possible that there are other factors you’re not aware of.
- Be sure to tell your version of what happened to the responding police officer.
- Make sure to get the accident report number from the police officer.
- Take pictures of the scene, the vehicles involved, your injuries, and anything else that will help prove your bike accident case.
- Keep records of your injuries and how they impact you.
- Call Allbee Law Firm at 817-244-6453 for a free consultation.
- Don’t speak with the other driver’s insurance company.
- Get medical treatment for your injuries.
- Don’t negotiate or attempt to settle with the driver at the accident scene. You will regret settling your case too early if you find out your injuries are more sever than you originally believed they were.
- Don’t fix, alter, or do anything to your bike, helmet, and other items involved with your bike accident until police can arrive and investigate.
What Kind of Bike Accident Cases Can A Bicycle Accident Lawyer Help With?
Every bicycle accident is unique, but we definitely see many patterns and similarities among bicycle accidents. Experienced bicycle accident attorneys know how to tackle the different angles created by bicycle accident personal injury cases:
- Distracted Driving
- Speeding Drivers
- Drunk Driving
- Failure to yield to cyclists
- Aggressive Driving
- Road Rage
- Not Sharing the road with bicyclists
Can Bicycle Accident Attorneys Actually Help Me?
Studies have shown that you are more likely to receive more compensation if you hire an experienced bicycle accident lawyer. Drivers
Texas Bicycle Laws
Texas Helmet Law
Texas does not have a statewide law requiring bicyclists to wear a helmet. However, some Texas cities have laws requiring child cyclists to wear a helmet while riding a bike.
Texas Statute of Limitations Law For Bike Accidents
The Texas legislature created rules regarding deadlines for when a lawsuit must be filed. Cases involving negligence usually have a statute of limitations, or deadline, of two years. This means that your case needs to be resolved, or you will need to file a lawsuit to protect your rights before the two-year statute of limitations deadline runs.
Texas law also allows for a longer statute of limitations in some cases that involve uninsured or underinsured motorist insurance coverage. It’s crucial that you speak with expereinced accident attorneys early in the process so that you don’t unintentionally sabotage your case.
Call (817) 244-6453 For A Free Consultation With A Bicycle Accident Attorney Today
We offer free consultations to people who have been injured in bicycle accidents. You can also contact our office for a free consultation if a loved one has been injured in a crash involving a bike and a car. You can call us at (817) 244-6453 or meet with us at our office.
During the consultation, our bicycle accident lawyers will ask you to tell us about your bicycle crash, how and where the car accident occurred, a description of any injury caused by your crash.
Our bicycle accident lawyers are very familiar with Texas personal injury law and how it applies to bicycle accidents. We will help you create a plan to maximize the compensation you receive for your bicycle crash.
FREE CASE REVIEW
"*" indicates required fields